Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

DIY macbook sleeve

Saturday 16 August 2014



I've been looking for a cute laptop sleeve for a while now. I bought one from eBay to tide me over until I found a better one, but I couldn't really find anything that was cute and affordable. 

So I decided to make my own one. I originally wanted to make a back one, but I couldn't find any black material that would be suitable, so that has been put on hold until I can get the material. But it's basically going to be all black with pompoms, I'm so excited to make it, but I guess thats for another blog post.

My mum has a bag full of clothes that she was giving away today, so I came across one of her floral salwar kameez suits, and I decided to take it as I like to save fabrics for sewing projects etc. 

I decided to make a laptop sleev out of the floral material, as I already had a cream fleece material for the inside, and so this worked out a lot cheaper, all I had to pay for was the zipper. As the zipper was longer, it went around the sleeve, and as I am just a beginner, I had to get some help. 

I do still need to work on my measurements, as the sleeve was a little too snug, and I would have liked it to be a little roomier. However, I am planning on making more for my etsy store, so I'm sure I will get better!



No comments:

Post a Comment

bibisharan. © 2014