Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Impromptu kindle case

Sunday 18 January 2015
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a book nerd. I love reading books, and have recently gotten into it again. I never liked the idea of using kindles and other e readers, and I was one of those people that liked paper books, as it felt a bit more real. 

However commuting to work every day in a train, and lugging The Game of Throne books with me, got a little annoying. The books are so heavy, and teamed up with the other crap I have in my bag, means that my bag gets a tad heavy to lug around on the tubes and trains all day! 

So I asked for a Kindle, and I got a Kindle! 

I previously made a macbook sleeve, so decided to make a kindle sleeve too. I've seen these kind of styles on Etsy, and it was a pretty simple design, so I got to work! 

As I'm too poor cheap I usually try to upscale, or I'll just keep an eye out for cheap material. 



The lime green material, was an impulse buy top for £2, bought in the sale.

The geometric fabric, was just some scraps I had left over. I got this fabric for free when I went to Southall a while ago. And the ghota (ribbon) was purchased when we went to Upton Park a while ago.


I love the colours and think they go really well together, in between the two fabrics I also placed some quilted material just to give the kindle some protection.

This was a little difficult, and I did have to get some help from my mum, mainly because at the time I made this, my sewing machine was out of action, and so I had to use my mums industrial sewing machine.


I love the colours for the sleeve, and this definitely brightens my commute to and from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

bibisharan. © 2014