Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Manchester

Wednesday 4 February 2015
I spent a few days in Manchester this week, and had the chance to walk around and explore!

I'm used to the over crowding of London, so Manchester was a nice surprise! It's quite similar to London, just without all the people!

We went to China Town in Manchester, which is supposedly one of the largest in Europe ( I read it online somewhere so don't hold me to it). The only other China Town I have been to is the one in London, so if I'm comparing it to the one in London, then it definitely was bigger!

Whilst in China Town, we had lunch at this Pho restaurant. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was next door to a 'long legs' massage parlour. The restaurant looks deceptively small, as you have to go down a set of stairs as the actual restaurant is in what seems to be the basement.


Around the corner from the Pho restaurant was The Manchester Art Gallery. I'm not an avid fan of art galleries, but it was free so we decided to go.

Whilst some of the art work was very grand and exquisite (i'm not good at describing art) my favourite piece was this Zardozi piece, just because I gotta represent my brown heritage.























We also went to the Northern Quarter, this has some great cafes and bars and as we had researched before hand, we had afternoon tea at The Teacup Kitchen. This place was amazing, it was incredibly busy, and as we went in the afternoon, a lot of the cakes had sold out such as the Rainbow cake.


We had the almond and coconut carrot cake, with some indian chai (it wasn't legit indian desi chaa, but it was served with warm milk, which was a plus) as well as the pistachio cake with the rosey grey tea, which is a fruity tea infused with flowers. Both sets complimented the cakes well, as we had asked for some recommendations to go with our cakes. I really wanted to try to Vanilla Cacao, but this had sold out, so maybe next time!

For dinner, we then ended the evening at Wimslow Road which is referred to as Curry Mile. This is basically the food equivalent to Southall and Green st etc.

We had dinner at Mughli's, and it looked great from both outside and in. I didn't take any pictures of the food, because lets face it, i'm brown, so it was nothing new. I also generally didn't take any pictures that evening, so the following pictures from Mughli are not mine.





All in all, Manchester is a very nice place to visit, and it's a lot cheaper than London!

No comments:

Post a Comment

bibisharan. © 2014